Monday, November 17, 2008

A second post... a little late ;)

So I was informed by a fellow co-worker (April :) ), that I'm not blogging properly. Apparently I need to blog three times a week to call myself a true blogger. So here I am sitting at my desk, with about 20 minutes left of my workday and not much to do. I have all these thoughts in my head and feel like I just don't have enough time, or where to start. I'll start with this. I've been thinking a lot lately about the future of our country. Everyone has their own opinion. It's easy for my to get nervous about what may be in our future. Being a republican, it goes without saying that the recent election was a hard pill to swallow. I want to make it a priority to pray for our future president, regardless of how I feel about his stance on certain issues. I will say, one thing that makes me a little nervous, is that it seems as though there are so many people who are blindly following, thinking that he is going to be able to magically fix every problem adn get our nation out of it's billions of dollars of debt. I even saw a woman on the news talking about how he was going give us all free mortgage and gas... I doubt it. I just really wish that people like that would wake up and take a good look at reality. I guess that's all I really have to say about that right now. I may come back to it at a later time. On a lighter note, Cory and I were able to go to Minneapolis with some friends this weekend. It was so nice to get away for a little while and focus on each other again. The last time we were away was in February, but he was pretty sick with chemo and all, so it was especially nice to go away having a healthy husband. We left Friday night after I got off work and dropped Walker off at Cory's parents. We then picked up Rodney and Laura in Mason City and headed up to the city. We got there kinda late so we pretty much just laid low and went to bed pretty quickly. We were able to sleep in a little, but I woke Cory up earlier than he would have liked so we could go down to the hot tub, which was cold. Really. So we got ready, ate brunch, and all headed to IKEA. It's pretty much the most amazing place I've ever been, however, it does make me wish I had a bigger house, which probably isn't the best thing for me :). Then we headed to the Mall of America and spent the rest of the afternoon there. The guys did their thing, Laura and I did ours. We left the Mall around 5 and after some traffic and primping, got to the restaurant at about 6:30. We went to Maggiano's Little Italy, and was told it would be about an hour and fifteen minutes, which turned into 2 hours. They did, however, give us a free appetizer, which was the best Spinach & Artichoke dip I've ever had! And, the food was really good, too. Worth the wait. We went back and hit the sack after the hot tub (which was now warm). We did brunch at Perkins it the morning and hit the Outlets at Medford on the way home. Found some great deals at Gap Outlet, thanks to sales and a coupon from my Sister-in-Law, Thanks Londa! Well, it's time for me to go now, but I will continue this later!

No comments: